Sunday, November 16, 2014

Altered Playing Card Challenge Catch-up

I left town after week 5 and it's been a trick to get back on track since my return.  Here are my catch-up cards!

Week 6:  Halloween theme.
Left: I used "Wishbone" from my Vera Lane Studio digi stamp set.  She's colored with Copic markers.  The background is a combination of Inktense and Neocolor wax pastels dripped and blotted.
Right:  A printed piece of cellophane (from fresh flowers wrap) is glued over Inktense color on prepared gesso.  I used a portion of my crow line rubber stamp from Stampotique printed with Stazon ink.

Week 7: Nautical/ Ocean theme.  Not.

I substituted a fairy theme from my digi image set Firefly Fairies.  They are colored with Copics with acrylic paint backgrounds.  Pitt pen and paint pens add doodles. 

Week 8:  Hearts

Left:  Inktense blocks and Prismacolor pencils make up the background.  I doodled with a fine Pitt pen for the border.  Collage scrap and a charm complete the card.
Right:  Inktense wiped with babywipes and Sharpie paint pen make up the background.  The scallop border is cut from printed deli paper.  The stamp is my "love you heart" available from Stampotique.  It's stamped with Stazon and clear embossed.

Week 9: Flowers and Stencils

Left:  Claudine used a stencil and text on one of her cards.  I cut a stencil with scrap paper for the background.  I used Gelatos and white paint pen in the stencil over an Inktense base.  The character is "Blossom" from one of my digi stamp sets.  Text stamp is the definition for "rose" -- also by Stampotique.

Right:  Claudine demonstrated how to align washi tape on paper to allow a punched circle.  I followed that technique for the inside of the doodled flowers.  I scraped the black line with the tip of an X-acto blade for a scratchy texture.  The bird is from "Bud and Birds."  I painted the flowers with acrylic paint and the bird is colored with Copic marker.

Week 10: Altered
Left:  The background is Gesso with Inktense layered with Caran d' Ache neocolor II wax pastels layered and wiped with a baby wipe.  I glued eyes from a magazine cutout and drew around it with Derwent watercolor pencils and a waterbrush.  I used a mechanical pencils for shading and an X-acto knife to scratch into the hair.
Right:  The image is from Vera Lane Studio digi images colored with Copics.  Eyes from a magazine cutout are glued in place with a tiny tag and scraps.  Scribble with pencil and paint pens in a Distress stained background.




  1. Oh wow Janet how gorgeous! Love them all.

  2. These a re all so fabulous Janet! Way to go catching up girl! I love them all.

  3. Wow! AMAZING cards Janet. LOVE your strong, vibrant colours. What a great catch up ♥